Friday, March 28, 2008

My Father's Roots

After Calasiao, we headed towards Brgy Lucap, Alaminos City, Pangasinan.

Alaminos City is where the mother of my father came from. My own father grew up in the town plaza. I remember spending fiestas and summer vacations there as a kid. We went there for a meeting with some city officials.

I forgot to take pics as the fresh seafoods for dinner excited us. Nevermind, we expect to be in Alaminos City more often now.

Thursday morning, before the Alaminos meeting in the afternoon, we decided to go to Bolinao. My grandfather was from here. I hardly remember Bolinao, except for the parola and the dark nights as no electricity then.

Going now to the Lighthouse is a breeze, good roads made it near.


I am thankful I can go back to the places I took for granted as a child.

Yup....I didn't forget to haul back the favorite longganisa

No comments:

Post a Comment