Thursday, September 20, 2007

Simply A Favorite

There are days when you don't know where to start, because you left off some errands last night and have a million to do today.

I get two emails that made it easier for me:

1) My recipes from my old website. I had to ask my webmaster for the old files (he promised new site will be up before September 2007 ends). Rianne of Camp Farm wanted ideas. She wanted Relleno and Hamonado. I said I will send her my simple recipes. I realized I had a new favorite as it wasn't on that list. Below I will share my new found taste which I picked up from Market Manila site.

2) I got an email from Christopher. We met in a sabong site sometime ago. Small world that his childhood buddies in the neighborhood and now his buddies in Toronto are also good friends of mine in high school and when I am in Toronto. How can I not be glad when his email was inquiring if I knew about free ranged chickens :)

Tinola idea from MM blog

• 1 SUNSHINE chicken, serving sizes
• Water
• 3 stalks lemongrass, tied together
• Ginger
• Fresh ground black pepper
• Fish sauce
• Fresh ampalaya, malunggay or sili leaves

Boil the Sunshine Chicken, lemongrass, ginger and black pepper in enough water to cover. Lower heat when boiling point is reached. Remove the brown film that stays on the top of the water. Cook over low fire. Season with fish sauce. Put the fresh leaves and turn off heat. Cover pot for another 5 mins to steam the fresh leaves. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment