Oriental Herbal Nutrients (OHN) is made from plants with fungicidal and pesticidal properties. Examples are: Garlic, Ginger, Onion, Siling Labuyo etc. We ferment these plants in order to maintain their properties.
1) Chop 5kgs of choice of herbs. We use a combination of the above. An easier way instead of chopping is pressing, hammering or bayo, them to break the fibers.
2) Place in a plastic container.
3) Add beer to the level of the ingredients.
4) Cover and keep in a dark, cool place.
5) After 12hrs, add 1liter of Molasses and cover with Manila Paper.
6) Keep in a cool, dark place. Ferment for 7days.
7) Add Gin or Coconut Vinegar, equivalent to 3x the amount of Beer that was used on day1.
8) Cover again and keep in a dark, cool place.
9) After 10days, harvest on top, the same volume of Gin or Coconut Vinegar that was added.
You may repeat from step5 onwards for 3cycles. The sludge may be fed to your animals.
OHN keeps our pastured chickens healthy. We use it 2x a week to strengthen their immune system. When the chickens are sick, they are given OHN for 3days straight. Use 2 Tablespoons for every liter of fresh water.
Simple version that you may try:
1) Use 1/2kg Ginger and 1/2kg Garlic.
2) Soak in 2lts Gin.
3) Harvest after 3 days
OHN keeps the plants healthy. Used from the vegetative stage and continues up to fruiting stage, once a week.
Humans will benefit from OHN too :)