Friday, November 07, 2008

Unoy Rice

Upland rice is a premium for us. We like the nutty taste, the health benefits from being pesticide free, aromatic....slow development and patience does things :) They look healthy too..being pinkish, short and plump.

During meetings and trade shows, I get myself some for our use. When I was planning Organikasyon, I knew I wanted to have organic, naturally grown rice. The Kalinga lady is always pictured in my mind.

Last night, over dinner that Sen. Manny Villar hosted, good I saw my Kalinga lady! Of course she was meant to be there, as the Senator wanted inputs about Agriculture.

So tomorrow, at Market At The Hills....I have a new product. My Unoy Rice, harvested last month. We vacuumed packed it to keep freshness, and keep off the bugs.

How to cook: Use 1 cup Unoy with 2-3 cups water.

No comments:

Post a Comment